Sunday, December 31, 2006

Buhball!



















It all started about a month ago. Mavis and I were hanging out one Sunday afternoon, and I turned on a football game. Mavis looked up from what she was doing and started clapping and squealing and shouting, "Buhball! Buhball!" I was a bit surprised, but I had no idea that it was the beginning of an obsession. Soon, she started recognizing radio clips of football games. She recognized football-themed signs in grocery stores. And each time, they were greated with an excited shout of "Buhball!" More than once, her first word after waking in the morning has been "Buhball?" It seems as if she's asking, "Is there a game on today?" One night while we were visiting my dad for Christmas, after Cara carried her around to give goodnight kisses, Mavis turned to the television where a game was on and said, "Bye buhball."


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You must be so proud! Beaty can only hope that our baby will have a similar attraction to baseball.

Anonymous said...

THE GREATS are so proud of our little girl and if we weren't absolutely sure she belonged to us before (you know the mini-me, maxi-me thing), we know beyond a doubt she's a MOSS girl because she loves the right kind of ball!! It's the Buhball for her and for us!! The roundball comes a little later when she gets a little height on her!